- apt-get install subversion docbook2x
Maybe you need more docbook related stuff, haven't checked the exact requirements.
- Download the xml docbook source from the svn repository:
svn co https://cvs.khronos.org/svn/repos/ogl/trunk/ecosystem/public/sdk/docs/man
- Go to the directory with the XML files and run:
for i in *.xml; do docbook2x-man -N "$i"; done
The -N is there to fetch dtd's from the net, which is really slow, but the easiest thing to do, alternative would be to setup a catalog file and pass it in with -C.
- Last step will give you *.3G files, which are the manpages, copy them to /usr/local/share/man/man3/
- Run sudo mandb to update the mandb cache
- Run man glCreateShader to see if everything worked out
Saturday, October 10, 2009
OpenGL Manpages for Ubuntu
Ubuntu currently doesn't ship OpenGL manpages, which is quite annoying. So here a quick howto on how to install manpages on Ubuntu: